Hello readers and fellow book lovers! Have you come across lines/dialogues/quotes so well written, that you have to close the book and stare into nothingness for a while pondering about the words? Don’t even ask me how many times this happens to me…
In today’s blog, I bring you a compiled list of my favorite book quotes that might bring a smile on your faces. So, sit tight and be prepared to be blown over by awesomeness!
10. “Just live well. Just live.” Me before you by Jojo Moyes
As if the entire story wasn’t heart wrenching enough, the author had to include an emotional letter ending with such powerful lines. Reading these lines fill me with much zest to live and explore no matter whenever or wherever, I happen to skim through these. Ever having a bad day? Just remember these two lines by Will to Lou and you’ll be good to go!
9. “ You is kind. You is smart. You is important.” The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The book which captures women power and blurs racial differences in its truest sense, also captures the essence of self worth.Just the three words you need to remind yourself, every time you venture out to prove your worth.
8. ” You are mad. Bonkers. Off your head…But I’ll tell you a secret…All of the best people are.” Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll
Some deep thinking going on here. And in the novel. Some hard hitting words which leave you mesmerized and dazzled and craving for more.
7.” It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart”. Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins
Mind blown! Such crude words which everyone feels but is too afraid to acknowledge. What can I say more about it?
6. ” No one can put a price on losing everything” The Sun is also a star by Nicola Yoon
A girl on the verge of losing everything. A boy on the verge of changing everything. They meet, fall in love and are separated. How painful can their story be? And in midst of that this quote to suck the breath out of you! Why universe, why?
5. ” It’s wrong what they say about the past. I have learned about how you can bury it. Because the past claws its way out”. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Chills, right? Such powerful words that hit you right through the bones. I fell in love with the novel, I read it the first time and more so with its degree of depth and realism. Isn’t it amazing how you relate to these words at the first glance irrespective of age, race, nationality, gender etc. Please take a bow Mr Hosseini, for crafting such a masterpiece.
4. “ Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect” Harry Potter by J.K Rowling
First of all. a belated happy birthday to the queen who made our childhood awesome! Whew! Words just fall short when I try explaining my euphoria whenever someone talks of Harry Potter. Its characters, its stories, its plots, everything is just magical. As magical as this quote which is filled with silent sadness and serene hope, enough to last a lifetime.
3. ” Survival is a state of mind”. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Just two words. MIND BLOWING!
2. ” Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation”. Eat. Pray. Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Who would have thought a true account of discovering one self would become would inspire a young girl, miles apart to begin anew? This is by far one of my favorite books and quotes.
Now time for the best one…
- ” This part of my life, this part right here. This is called happyness”. The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner
A novel which tells the story of a father-son duo struggling to live the life of there dreams and teaching us to live in the moment. This quote is a treat to read, understand and live by as soon as you finish reading it.
What are your all-time favorite book quotes? Tell me in the comments section!
If you like my post, don’t forget to like, comment, share and follow my blog!
Until the next time,
© 2019 Bhagyashree. All rights reserved.