Hello readers! I hope all of you are healthy and progressing well!
I hope you remember my initial months in blogging saw me interacting with fellow bloggers about the nuances of blogging and discussing a wide range of topics. I am back with another post for the segment after a long, long time.
The fellow bibliophile and blogger who’ll be sharing her journey of blogging with us today is, Anna from Anna’s Book Nook! I have had the opportunity of interacting with this incredible blogger quite a few times as members of the same book club, as bloggers commenting on each other’s posts, as Potterheads fawning over a blogging tag and never have I ever felt, we are miles apart from each other! Her warmth and amicable personality surely overshadows all hurdles, distances and makes you strengthen your belief in the thought, ‘words unite us all’.
Without further ado, let me present out guest for today: Anna! Please don’t forget to visit her blog and show her some love! Happy reading!
1) Hello Anna! Thank you for agreeing to be a part time of this segment of tête-à-tête with bloggers. It’d be great to begin this post with you sharing a bit about yourself and your blog with our readers.
Hello! My name is Anna, and I am a book lover and a student. I am working to get a degree in Library and Information Sciences, and I want to work in an elementary school library. I started this blog to connect with other readers and rant about the books that I love to read. It’s grown into so much more than I ever imagined, and I love being a part of the bookish community!
2) What inspired you to take up blogging and how do you motivate yourself to blog frequently while managing other facets of life?
I started blogging after reading the book ‘Geekerella’ and crying at the end of it. I wanted to explain my thoughts to someone but no one I knew had read it, so I started a book blog. I motivate myself by trying to keep blogging as something fun and exciting as opposed to another task that I have to get done.
3) If you had to describe your blog or your blogging style by quoting a (book or movie) character’s words, what would they be?
“One must always be careful of books,” said Tessa, “and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” This quote from Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare is one of my favorites because I love to use reading to learn and grow.
4) What was the most challenging moment of your blogging journey so far?
The Black Lives Matter movement that became a part of every moment of my life last year. I learned and grew so much, but it was challenging for me to blog about the topic because I was conscious of not blocking out the OwnVoices bloggers who have real experiences with the issues that I can only read about.
5) Which is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I love getting into the spoilers of a book and getting my thoughts down in writing. Then, I am so happy when a person comments and discusses the book with me!
6) Are there any learnings/advice that you would like to share with bloggers and readers?
My only advice to you all is to read outside your comfort zone to learn about different perspectives and experiences. I have learned so much about people through books, and it is magical.
7) Have you ever experienced a blogger’s block? If yes, how did you overcome it?
Usually when I experience blogger’s block, I will use speak to text to write my post. Then, it feels like I am talking to a friend, not trying (and failing 😂) to write.
8) On a slightly personal note, I would like to know how do you usually select your TBR list? Is the list genre or author biased, and how far along are you in your reading goal for this year?
Honestly my TBR lists are always kind of a mess! I try to get a large portion of my books from the library, so during the month I am constantly putting books on hold or checkout that I find online and on other blogger’s sites. Then, I just make a monthly TBR based on what books are going to expire from my library account during that month. 🤷♀️
It is my goal to read 100 books this year, and I have so far read 16.🎉.
Nice to meet you! Feel free to contact me because I would love to get to know you all! 🥰
If you you enjoyed reading my post, don’t forget to like and comment! Also, follow my blog for similar content!
Until the next time,